Tuesday 3 August 2010

City Lights - first year Creative Art Practices course (2009/2010)

This started as a mini illustration project set at the start of my first year on the Creative Arts Practices course. The idea of doing backlit screen prints came when I was checking the placement of some cut-out holes with the piece of tracing paper I'd marked it up with... I liked the idea so much I continued it for the rest of the year and ended up with a series of 6 twisted building light boxes (OK, I've yet to build the boxes but you get the idea) The first four images are the final test pieces for the mini project, then there are some sketch book pages showing how the idea developed and the final images show the screen print images, the cut outs and the final combinations.




















3 comments:

  1. These are very very cool. What media were you using, can't tell from the screen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. its cutouts are grey card (done with a scalpel... took ages) and the screen prints were done on tracing paper... i also did screen prints onto calico which I intend to use for the light boxes (natural daylight wont go through the fabric but electric lamps will)... they're about a2 size x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool and spectacular. Glad to see you are enjoying the course.

    ReplyDelete